Skip Navigation

Township Law Q&A

NO Image:

Would improvements to a park for landscaping that exceed $15,000.00 require a licensed architect or licensed professional engineer for plan preparation and direct supervision during construction?

September 2019

Maybe. MCL 339.2011 governs the construction of public works and imposes the requirement for certain projects to require a licensed engineer or archit...

read more »

May a Township establish a set of rules for public comment?

August 2019

Yes. The Michigan Open Meetings Act provides in MCL 15.263(5) that a person shall be permitted to address a public body “under rules established...

read more »

Does a Township have to contact the State after it has authorized or prohibited commercial medical marihuana facilities?

July 2019

Yes, if the township has authorized commercial medical marihuana facilities. Section 205 of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act (&...

read more »

If an elected official is resigning before the term has ended, is the township required to post the vacancy?

June 2019

No. There are no general posting requirements for vacancies created by the resignation of township elected officials under the Michigan Election Law A...

read more »

Can current township employees (including township zoning administrators) serve on a planning commission for the township they work for?

May 2019

No. The Michigan Planning Enabling Act, Act 33 of 2008, MCL 125.3801 et seq. allows municipalities to create planning commissions. Among other things,...

read more »

Page 1 of 13First   Previous   [1]  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next   Last   

Join Our Email List

Stay up to date with legal news that impacts your municipality. Contact Michelle to get the Township Law E-Letter delivered directly to your inbox each month!

Sign Up »

What others are saying
read all testimonials »