Township Law Q&A | Ask the Michigan Township Law Experts
Skip Navigation

Township Law Q&A

Does a Township Need a Resolution to Impose an Unpaid Utility Bill on a Property that is Rented by a Tenant?

March 2020 | Township Law Q&A

It depends on the type of utility service. Presumably you are referencing unpaid water and sewer services.  Under certain circumstances... Read More ›

Is a Township Deputy Treasurer permitted to hold a position on the Township Board of Review?

February 2020 | Township Law Q&A

Not Likely. The Deputy Treasurer and a board or review member appear to be incompatible offices. The Incompatible Offices Act, 556 PA 1978, ... Read More ›

Does a Township Clerk have to record every comment by officials and public members in the minutes?

January 2020 | Township Law Q&A

No. The Open Meetings Act determines the necessary information for minutes. It provides the following required information: The publi... Read More ›

Can a private business request the Township’s entire electronic tax roll?

December 2019 | Township Law Q&A

A variety of private companies now submit these requests to townships throughout the state to, in-part, aggregate data to re-sell to their p... Read More ›

Can a zoning administrator also hold office as a township trustee?

November 2019 | Township Law Q&A

It may be valid under current law, but for practical reasons should be carefully considered. The statute governing whether an individual can... Read More ›

Does the Township have to submit its ordinance to the Marihuana Regulatory Agency to prohibit or allow adult-use marihuana establishments?

October 2019 | Township Law Q&A

  No. The Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act, Initiated Law 1 of 2018, provides township the ability to completely proh... Read More ›

Page 1 of 12First   Previous   [1]  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next   Last   

Ask a Question

Do you have current issues or legal topics you need addressed? Fill out the form below with to ask the township law professionals at Fahey Schultz Burzych Rhodes, PLC! We select a question each month to answer.

* Required

Dedicated to serving your legal needs.

Request Consultation

What others are saying
read all testimonials »